Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Green Corner

I have posted about this place in the past, but I went with my boyfriend a couple times when he came down to Mexico City to visit me, hee.

I started with a tomato-based wheat berry and vegetable soup.
This was so freaking good!
I thought it was going to be mehh, but it wasn't. Not at all!

More wheat berries!
I had a falafel sandwich with wheat berry tabbouleh (where's the parsley, dude?!). This did not taste like falafel at all, but it wasn't bad.
The dressing was slightly sweet and the pita bread nice and warm.

Then, we headed to Roxy!
It's across the street, so...the visit is kind of obligatory.

I had mandarin and tamarind sorbets.

Well and since I've been forgetting about my poor blog (again!), I'm going to post more pics of other things I've had here.

Orange juice!

Green chilaquiles, no dairy/with tofu.
(These were NOT good. The refried beans were awesome, but the tortilla chips were almost charred)

And...red enchiladas! Filled with seasoned cubes of tofu and topped with tofu cream and crumbled tofu (tofu, tofu, tofu, haha).


The staff is really nice and they're aware of the term DAIRY (lácteos) and that some people choose not to/can't eat them : p

Aanyway, you should really visit this place if you have a chance. Their store (at least in this location) is awesome.
They have local-ish stuff, spanish and american products.

1 comment:

  1. The sorbet looks great! Yum! It is good to know that some places will accommodate!

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete