Monday, November 15, 2010

VeganMoFo: I'm sorry!

For not posting.
I've been muy busy, but I have a small gift for you...

Have you ever been to Pokez?
Well, then you probably know about their awesome burritos.

I'm a freaking tease and I don't have a recipe for my recreation of the pokez tofu and potato burrito(s), but here's a picture. -I think I got pretty close!-




UPDATE:

Alright! As I've already said, I don't have a recipe for this, but I'll write down some directions.
Are you cool with that? Yeah, you are? Okay!

I peeled a large russet potato, diced it and boiled about 1/4 of it. I pan fried the rest (I used olive oil), along with some minced white onion, minced garlic and creole seasoning. I mashed the potatoes (not completely) with a tbsp tomato sauce, bouillon powder and veggie broth to moisten things up.

I threw a piece of seeded tomato in the pot where the potato bits were boiling, then took everything out until tender.

To make the sauce, I blended the hell out of the boiled potatoes/tomato with a bit of tomato sauce, veggie broth and garlic-parsley salt.

Ok, and for the tofu part, I used about 1/3 block of tofu, teared it in medium-ish pieces, pan fried and seasoned with more garlic-parsley salt and -fresh- cracked black pepper.

Filling: I mixed the mashed potatoes and tofu and used a bit of pico de gallo for one of the burritos.
I rolled them and then poured the sauce over the burritos.

Sorry if the directions are weird and/or boring, hah.



1 comment: