Thursday, May 28, 2009

Molletes


Oo, I love these : )
I used to eat them a lot 3 or 2 years ago while I was still in high school until I found some beef bits lying within the melted cheese
-_- !
Maybe the refried beans came out of a can, and contained lard... Lesser vegetarian options for me.

Anyway, there are many things that still keep me from ordering them at school and have not eaten them in a while.

Pico de Gallo

Ingredients:
1 diced tomato
1/3-1/2 cup diced white onion
Bunch diced cilantro (about 1/4 cup)
1 diced serrano or jalapeƱo pepper
Juice of one lime
Salt

Too easy !
Just mix everything and add enough salt (and pepper too if you like).

Molletes

Ingredients:
1 Bolillo bread
Refried bayo beans
Shredded vegan cheese of choice (mozzarella or monterey jack style)

Cut the bread lengthwise and toast
or brown a little in a skillet or griddle.
Spread the refried beans on the bread and sprinkle desired amount of cheeze.
Microwave for a minute and add some Pico de gallo and avocado slices.

: )

1 comment: