Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ensalada de Coditos

I know this isn't mexican, but I remember eating this salad as a child at family parties and other kind of gatherings. I used to pick out most of the ham bits before eating it (I was never a red meat person, haha -_-).



Ingredients:

Handful Elbow shaped pasta
1 tbsp. vegenaise
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. crushed chipotles or chipotle adobo sauce
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. garlic salt w/ parsley (or just plain garlic salt)
Crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 or 1 stalk celery (diced)

Cook the pasta in enough water with a dash of salt until the pasta is al dente (about 6 minutes).
When the pasta is cooked, strain and wash with cold water.

Now, for the dressing, mix everything (except for the celery) until well combined and then throw in the diced celery. Mix in the pasta and chill until ready to eat.

It tastes just as I remember, only, better ; ) !
Feel free to double or triple the recipe, since it only yields 1 to 2 servings.



: )






2 comments:

  1. Delish!!! It sounds so simple but so delicious. I'm going to try it tomorrow since I have everything on the fridge(except chipotles...going to buy them). How many portions does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're hungry 1, and if you're eating it as a side dish, 2 ; )

    ReplyDelete